REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.
REDCap is provided for FREE to non-profit organization that joins the REDCap Consortium.
While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data (including 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA, and HIPAA-compliant environments), it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations.
The REDCap Consortium, a vast support network of collaborators, is composed of thousands of active institutional partners in over one hundred countries who utilize and support REDCap in various ways.
What is the point of REDCap ?
The goal of REDCap is to help researcher to collect, store and manage multiple type of data. It is especially made for clinical and follow up data for clinical trial but can be used for multiple types.
REDCap is an easy-to-use interface that manage the creation of self-made data forms.
For example here is a patient dashboard for a longitudinal study with multiple visit. Each dot is a form, containing fields to collect data.
1 – From Paper/Excel to Electronic Case Report Form (eCRF)
2 – Why ?
3 – For Better Data
General data functionalities :
- Forms creation : Forms containing fields can easily be created to start data collection.
- Data Validation : Data can be validated during the collection with restricted data fields (Only date, number, letters,…)
- Data protection : Data are partitioned in project with restricted access and logged activity
- Importing : Data can be imported in CSV format matching the project import template
- Exporting : Data can be exported at any time to multiple format like CSV, Excel, R, Stata and more !
- Reporting : Data can be displayed and filtered.
- Searching data by a specific field, to find a specific patient, mutation or any other.
Advanced data functionalities:
- User management with custom rights can be easily set up.
- Longitudinal studies with multiple visit containing specific form for each one can be managed.
- Surveys allowing data collection directly from the patient is possible.
- A Data Management tool is integrated in REDCap, with Data queries, Tests and more.
- Audit trail is a built-in tool to track every activity on the project.
- And More !